High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is an innovative treatment method that triggers collagen production in subcutaneous tissues using ULTRAcel sound waves, thereby creating tightness and tension in the face, neck and décolleté area.
HIFU treatment, which is one of the most effective and successful methods whose reliability has been established among non-surgical facial rejuvenation applications, uses ultrasound as a source of high energy which our ears cannot hear.
The sound waves produced by ULTRAcel are intensively focused to the targets with desired depth in the sublayers of the skin, subcutaneous adipose tissue, muscle layers of the skin and superficial muscular aponeurosis called as SMAS to achieve thermal damage without harming the skin surface.
Due to thermal damage produced, SMAS gets stretched, fat tissue becomes thinner and reconstructed collagen layer exerts a lifting effect with resultant achievement of a more tense skin.
What are the Application Areas of HIFU treatment?
The common indications of HIFU treatment that can be applied to anyone over 30 years of age who want to stretch and tighten the skin of his/her face, neck and decolletage region are as follows;
- Reducing the facial volume, (reducing the cheek fill; it can be applied to turn a square face to oval face)
- Correct facial deformities and achieve a 'V-shaped' chin and jawline
- Sagging skin under the chin
- Double chin problem,
- Sagging of the cheeks
- Sagging eyelids and eyebrows
- Correction of the nasolabial fold
- Under eye-bags
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Sagging, loose skin on the neck
- Axillary, arm, waist, hip and arm laxity
- Treatment of decolletage wrinkles
How to Perform Skin Rejuvenation Treatment with ULTRAcel®?
HIFU treatment is performed by contacting the ultrasound probe with the skin without requiring anesthesia. Other methods of skin rejuvenation can not penetrate below a certain depth of the skin. However HIFU technology makes it possible to reach deep layers 3-4-4.5 mm under the skin surface. On the face, except for transducers with an effective range of 3-4.5 mm, the thin wrinkles around the eyes and lips are removed using 1.5-2 mm probes For the body, regional skin laxities are treated using 6-9-11 and 13 mm probes. HIFU reaches the desired depth points, heats the subcutaneous connective tissues with focally intensified ultrasound effect, triggers recovery under the skin and new collagen tissue formation.
The application time is between 30 and 40 minutes, depending on the surface area where the process is to be performed. It is not a painful procedure. During application a very mild pain in the deep tissue may be felt. During application, the skin surface is not affected, only a temporary rash occurs on the skin, so it does not affect daily life of the individual. It is recommended that the person not be exposed to sunlight for one day after the procedure, not to lie face down and avoid exposure to excessive heating bathrooms or saunas.
After the procedure, the regeneration process begins; even at the first moment a noticeable improvement is noticed. However, the full effect is observed after the damaged tissue under the skin has started to heal, which includes a period of about 90 days.
Focused Ultrasound is applied as a single session for the treatment of mild to moderate skin saggings or as 2 sessions with a 3-month interval for those with advanced skin laxities.
What are the Advantages of HIFU Treatment?
- There is no adverse reaction or damage to the skin because the application has no side effects.
- After the application, the person can easily return to his / her daily activities.
- Because HIFU triggers collagen formation, its effect is long lasting (12-18 months).
- It can be applied in all seasons.
- Ensures successful facial lifting without any surgical intervention or injection.
- No pre-treatment or post-treatment care is required.
- Ultrasound energy is a reliable application since it has been used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes for about 40 years.
Who Should Not Receive HIFU treatment?
HIFU is not suitable for anyone that is/has:
- Active skin infection on the treatment area,
- Epilepsy or uncontrolled diabetes,
- Metal stents