Although changes in the skin with the aging process are considered as the physiological functioning of the human body, it is not the only reason for the formation of lines on our skin, especially on our face.
This situation can be said especially for wrinkles and lines on the forehead. Besides physiological factors such as age, there are other factors that trigger the formation of forehead lines.
These factors are;
- Mimic muscle movements; The repeated facial expressions and gestures have an important role in the formation and manifestation of the lines on the forehead. Involuntary habits that cause contraction of the facial muscles such as frowning or continuous winking, and squinting when looking at the computer screen may cause lines to appear on forehead.
- UV rays; Long-term unprotected exposure to sunlight may harm the overall skin texture and trigger formation of wrinkles on the forehead.
- Stress, fatigue and insufficient sleep; Factors such as stress, fatigue, inadequate and poor quality of sleep can negatively affect our body in every sense and cause premature aging of our skin, even wrinkles appear on our forehead even at a young age.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption; Smoking and alcohol consumption, cause worsening of skin texture and nutrition, drying of skin, and increase in the number of wrinkles by starting the aging process at an early age
- Dehydration of the body;When we don’t consume sufficient amount of water our skin dries, loses its elasticity and may cause wrinkles to increase, including the forehead.
Who Can Undergo Forehead Filling?
Filling treatment is applied to people whose forehead lines are visible when the facial muscles are inactive and the wrinkles on the forehead are visible, even if they do not raise their eyebrows. If the lines appear only because of the movements of the forehead muscles, b0t0x application with an anti-wrinkling effect is recommended for these people.
What Procedures are Applied During Forehead Filling?
During forehead filling hyaluronic acid is injected under the lines of the forehead or into the wrinkled area. Local anesthetic creams are applied to the forehead to prevent the needles from being felt by the patient. Visible redness or swelling on the forehead may persist one or two days after the procedure. Although effects vary from person to person, the effects of the application can generally last for 9 to 18 months.
What are the Treatment Methods for Wrinkles on the Forehead?
Various methods have been developed for the treatment of wrinkles on the forehead. The first one of these is b0t0x. Botox is applied when the forehead lines are not marked or when the facial muscles are inactive. The second method is the normal filling procedure.
How is Forehead Reshaping Performed Using a Filler?
Very fine-tipped needles are usually used when applying the filling material. This condition may cause bruising in people with sensitive skin. In the forehead filler used with the intention of forehead reshaping the filler application is realized using blunt-tipped cannulas as thin as a needle. When tissue injection is performed using round and flexible tip cannulas, it can be ensured that the bruises formed after the procedure are at a lower level.
Is Dermal Filling Harmful?
Since synthetic and semi-synthetic filling materials may cause side effects, we can say that hyaluronic acid is the ideal filling material. The most important reason for this is that the fillings containing hyaluronic acid are completely disposable from the body within 6 to 24 months.
We recommend that you consult a dermatologist you trust in order to be guided concerning the type of application (filler or b0t0x), and frequency of treatment sessions so as to eliminate your forehead wrinkles.