It is an infection caused by fungal microorganisms. It is named according to the region of the body;
- Tinea corporis (ringworm of the body)
- Athlete's foot (Tinea pedis)
- Nail fungus (Tinea unguium)
- Scalp skin (Tinea capitis)
- Inguinal fungus (Tinea inguinalis)
- Mouth and genital mucosa
Routes of transmission of fungal Infections:
It may pass
- From person to person,
- From animal to person,
- From goods to people,
- from soil to human.
In fungal diseases, the treatment varies according to the affected area, and the individual. The basic principle concerns elimination of predisposing factors and application of local antifungal preparations. In case of need systemic antifungals are added to the treatment.