What is FUE Hair Transplant Performed with Sapphire Blades?
Technology is rapidly evolving with each passing day. This, in turn, has paved the way for the development of new, innovative hair transplant techniques as well as hair loss treatments. Hair transplantation surgeries have evolved dramatically and currently it has been transformed into a procedure performed with minimally invasive methods in parallel with the innovations in the instruments used. The FUE method is known as today's most advanced hair transplantation technique that ensures natural-looking results. Currently, with the utilization of sapphire-tipped special devices, even higher success rates are obtained with the FUE hair transplant technique.
Needle-Free & Painless Hair Transplant Procedures Without Compromising Comfort!
Before extracting the hair follicles from the donor area and creating the recipient sites for the transplantation process, local anesthesia is applied to the relevant areas.
In local anesthesia with injector needle, it takes time for the active substance to numb the scalp if local anesthesia is delivered through dermal injection. Pain felt during insertion of the needle can naturally cause discomfort for the patient. Nowadays hair transplantation can be achieved without causing pain using special needle-free anesthesia instruments.
These special tools deliver anesthetic agents under the skin with a pressurized spray system. Thanks to faster onset of anesthesia achieved using a needle-free injector, patients feel more comfortable during the procedure. The liquid jet system, that enables delivery of needle-free anesthesia, provides a more balanced and wider distribution of anesthetic agent in the numbed area and thus increases the effect of anesthesia when compared with local anesthesia application with the injector needle. Individuals who have a needle phobia and thus hesitant on having a hair transplant, may readily undergo this surgery with the aid of this new technique.
Sapphire FUE versus Classic FUE Performed with Metal Slits
In sapphire FUE hair transplantation, genuine sapphire blades are used instead of the metal slit employed in classic FUE during the recipient site creation process.
FUE with sapphire blades is not a technique in itself, but an innovation in the FUE method. The incision sites were grafts are placed in, are designed to minimize scab formation and to accelerate healing process by creating smaller recipient sites.
In sapphire FUE hair transplantation technique hair follicles are harvested one by one under local anesthesia from the donor site using micro-tips of 0.6 -0.7, and 0,8 mm in diameter of micro motor dependent of the grafts. Collected roots are placed in channels to be opened in FUE method. These channels greatly affect the appearance of the hair and directly determine the angle, direction and density of hair follicles to be implanted Therefore, opening phase of the channels is the most important stage in the success of a hair transplantation.
Hair roots are implanted in these channels. Small channels opened with sharp, smooth and durable sapphire tips in diameters of 1.0, 1.3 , and 1.5 mm that equal to hair follicles in size, allow opening of greater number of channels and also implantation of hair follicles closer to each other.The natural skin-hair angle in hair transplantation is 40-45 degrees. Hair implantation at right angles at the expense of achieving a greater hair density, may cause the patient look like a ‘grass man’ as people called them.
Advantages of Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation in Comparison with Classic FUE performed with Metal Slits
- Owing to its smooth surface with antibacterial properties, and its physical properties as hardness, sharpness and durability, sapphire tip will lead to production of much lesser vibration during opening of channels, thus minimizing the risk of trauma, and tissue damage.
- FUE performed with sapphire tip ensures denser hair implantation when compared with FUE realized with metal slits, and also enables its application for patients with potential hair thinning at advanced ages.
- It aids in closer implantation of grafts and creates a more natural-looking hair distribution pattern.
- In comparison with the metal slit, lesser amount of fluid is injected under the skin which facilitates opening of channels.
- Since the level of edema seen after the application will be lower, it will be more comfortable for the patients in every sense after the operation.
- Since smaller sites are opened for implantation, postoperative tissue healing is faster relative to FUE performed with metal slits, and most importantly, the bonded skin will have a smooth appearance
- Since hair roots are implanted into the channels of their own size at the most natural angle, there is no possibility that the roots will dislodge and the angle settings will change.